Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Welcome to the Doodlesphere!


I started life as an artist. As soon as I could reasonably maneuver a pencil I was drawing. I went to school for graphic design and realized that I'm not actually a good artist (though I'm a decent designer when I put my mind to it). Some people can do amazing, lifelike work. Other people invent new styles that spawn an entire genre of art. That is not me.

Somehow, though I started out in design, I journeyed through programming and ended up in marketing. I still do programming on the side, I build websites on a freelance basis and program indie games for the xbox360. And, inevitably, I cover any piece of paper I'm working on with doodles.

At some point, a coworker told me I should start a blog of all the doodles I do. So, I lazily started cutting them out and storing them. Another coworker offered to scan them if I promised I'd post them on a blog.

I agreed, and will attempt to post new doodles frequently. My subject matter has been too repetitive lately: I draw way too many robots and am always looking for new material. So PLEASE SEND REQUESTS! The weirder the requests are, the more likely I'll doodle one at the next opportunity. Requests like "I want you to draw a bunny" probably will not get answered. Requests like "I want you to draw a bunny riding a robot that's fighting 3 ninjas" will probably be responded to with enthusiasm.

Piece Details
Media: Pilot Precise V5 black on cheap copier paper
Size (rough): 0.4 x 0.9 inches
Price: Not For Sale

No comments:

Post a Comment