Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Echoes of Pollock

I decided to experiment abstract art again recently and this is the result. I've been fascinated with abstraction since I first egged a house at the age of 12. The peeling paint over aluminum siding, splattered with fragments of yolk and shell really stirred something inside me. I think that was the point where I determined to become an artist.

Anyway, I created this piece by mixing my own blood with ink. I then blindfolded myself, dipped the toes of a live turkey into the mixture and scribbled blindly in my sketchbook. Rorogwela, playing in the background, helped set the mood for the work.

If you look closely at the final piece, it almost resembles a robot on a jet. I attribute this to elements of my subconscious, presenting themselves through the freedom of the abstract. Due to biohazard concerns, this piece is not available for sale.

Piece Details
Media: Black Pilot Precise V5 ink with blood on Mead Legal Docket paper
Size (rough): 1.59 x 1.12 inches
Price: It would be like selling one of my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment